For Veterans, Connections offers information and resources on employment and training opportunities. One source of funding is VSTP which provides short-term training assistance to eligible Veterans. The program serves Veterans from the following categories:
1) Veterans with identified barriers to employment
2) Special disabled Veterans with 30% or more service connected disability or discharged with a disability
3) Recently separated Veterans within 36 months of separation from active duty
4) Campaign Veterans who have an authorized campaign badge for conflict
5) Other eligible persons in accordance with Title 38 USC Chapter 42, Section 4211
Veterans applying for VSTP funding must also meet the eligibility guidelines under the Workforce Investment Act. For more information, contact the Veterans Representative.
VETS - This is the U.S. Department of Labor’s Veterans’ Employment and Training Services site.
COOL Army or COOL Navy - COOL(Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) explains how Army Soldiers can meet civilian certification and license requirements related to their Military Occupational Specialties(Mos).