For the Job Seeker . . . Connections offers:
- Local, state and national lists of job openings.
- FREE internet access to conduct on-line searches.
- FREE access to computers.
- Labor market information on increasing and decreasing occupations and Industries, wage estimates for specific occupations, and the educational and skill requirements needed for specific occupations.
- Staff assistance, videos, software and resource books on job search skills such as "How to Look for a Job," completing employment applications, interviewing, creating resumes and writing cover letters.
- Information on subsidized employment programs to help individuals who meet program requirements obtain job skills and find employment.
- Career assessment.
- Detailed descriptions of hundreds of career fields.
- Information on local and state training providers.
- Information on applying for financial aid.
- FREE basic computer literacy classes.
- Information on filing unemployment compensation claims.
- Information and referrals to other partners' programs for services.
Following are descriptions and websites for employment and training.
Ohio Means Jobs - This website allows job seekers access to thousands of job openings throughout Ohio and around the country as well as career information.
indeed.com - Indeed.com is a search engine for jobs, allowing job seekers to find jobs posted on thousands of company career sites and job boards.
State of Ohio Job Search - This website allows you to search for State of Ohio Government jobs.
Career One Stop - This site allows you to search through our database of over one million jobs nationwide, create and post your resume online, and set up an automated job search.
Monster Search Jobs - Monster job search allows you to view over 800,000 jobs in the United States
Careerjet.com - In just one search access 16,142,823 jobs published on 65,599 websites in the world.
www.ohioheretohelp.com - Ohio Here to Help is a one-stop source of information for Ohio’s unemployed workers and their families, and is unique in that it can quickly connect visitors to a wide range of information and resources from both public and private entities - that can help them search for a job, find education and training opportunities, and learn about other supports that can help them get through this difficult time.